Staying ahead of marketing trends helps keep you relevant and allows you to share your expertise with those looking to buy or sell a home. Podcasts are a great way to reach a broad audience, but with equipment, uploading and editing, podcasting can seem overwhelming. Just where do you start?
- Develop a concept – First ask yourself, “Why am I starting a podcast?” Another good question to ask yourself is, “What do I want to communicate to my listeners?” You will need to decide on a name for your podcast as well as goals and topics. If you need some inspiration, here is a list of the top 20 real estate podcasts.
- Choose a format – Many different podcast formats are available. These include interviews, news recaps, educational podcasts, co-host podcasts and more. It is important to choose a format that fits your podcast style and makes you feel comfortable. Here are some popular podcast formats.
- Equipment and software – The equipment and software that you need for your podcast can range from a laptop or smartphone with a microphone to having access to a full recording studio. For a list of the best podcast equipment for beginners and professionals, click here.
- Record your first episode – Choose a quiet place and make sure your equipment is set up correctly. Record a couple of test clips to ensure the sound and volume are working as they should and that there is no unwanted background noise.
- Edit and export – When editing your podcast, you can do some things to make it sound more professional. These include creating an intro and choosing a theme song. For a complete guide to editing a podcast, click here. Once you have finished editing, you can save and export from the program you have been working in.
- Make your podcast public – You will need to host your podcast somewhere so it can be shared with listeners. Here is a list of some of the best places to host a podcast.
For a detailed article about starting a podcast, click here.
Please send along the name of a podcast that you think I should check out, and I would be happy to share a couple of my favorites, too!
If you were going to have your own podcast, what would the focus be?Tags: Weekly Realtor Review